Legal Practitioner, Public Relations Consultant, Philanthropist and Politician, Honourable Wumi Olubunmi Ogunlola was born on Monday, July 19, 1965, in Ijero Ekiti, Ekiti State southwest of Nigeria.
She started her primary school at Itire, Surulere in Lagos State, she attended Ikosi Methodist High School, Agbowa, Ansar-Ud-Deen College II, Isolo, Lagos State southwest Nigeria and Otun Comprehensive High School, Otun-Ekiti, Ekiti State.
She has a Diploma in Law and a Bachelor of Law LL. B (Hons) from the University of Ado-Ekiti, Nigeria (now Ekiti State University). She also received Barrister at Law (BL) degree from the Nigeria Law School, Abuja. She has acquired dogged professional experience as a legal practitioner, entrepreneur, retired administrator, public relations consultant, communicator, and astute politician.
She is an Associate Member of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators, U.K. (2009).
Prior to her joining politics, she was a Principal Registrar in the Judiciary of Ekiti State. On assuming duty as a member of Ekiti State House of Assembly where she represented the most prominent state consistency Ijero from 2011 – 2015 due to her exemplary maturity and quintessential virtues which endeared her to the heart of her fellow legislators, providence bestowed on her the position of the Chief Whip and Chairman, House Committee on Information and Civic Orientation where her performance has greatly promoted gender equality and also Chairman House committee on HIV/AIDS.
Honourable Ogunlola is one of the conscious vocal women in Ekiti and Southwest politics. She was the South West Zonal Publicity Secretary of All Progressive Congress (APC), Nigeria.
She got elected into the Green Chamber of the National Assembly to represent Ekiti Central Federal Constituency II in 2019.
Honourable Ogunlola is passionate about seeing that the rights of women, the youths and the generality of the people are promoted and unhindered.
She is committed to being the voice of the voiceless at the highest level of Lawmaking. Being a good team player with a strong analytical mind, she is a motivator and target oriented. Her good interpersonal skill is attested to by all and sundry making her a well sought-after mother, daughter, friend and companion. She is bold, strong, dogged, passionate, empathetic courageous and she also has a perfect sense of humour.
TRAINING AND CAPACITY-BUILDING EXPERIENCE
- Participant, Seminar on State Accountability and Voice Initiatives (SAVI) 2011.
- Participant, Seminar on Citizen Impact Legislation, Johannesburg (2011).
- Participant, Seminar on Institute for Peace and Conflict Resolution (IPCR) 2011.
- Participant, African leadership centre, Nairobi, Kenya (2012).
- Participant, Capitol Hill Workshop, Washington D.C. (2013).
- Participant, Seminar on Centre for Management Development.
AWARD AND DISTINCTIONS
- Humanitarian Award from Owena Golden Lion Club, Akure (2011).
- Award of Excellent 2011 (EFM, EKSU).
- Award of Excellent 2011 (Law Student’s Society, Faculty of Law, EKSU, Ado-Ekiti).
- Distinguished Achievers Award by the National Association of Women Opinion Leaders NAWOL (2012).
- Iconic Women of the year by Iconic Women International (2012).
- Certificate of Recognition in Breaking Gender Barriers 2012 (NUJ, Ekiti State Chapter).
- Recognition of Excellent Award 2012 (NYSC, Ekiti State Chapter).
- Excellent in Political Leadership Award 2012 (PFN, Ekiti State Chapter).
- Special Award for Patriotism and Outstanding Achievements in Ekiti sate 2012 (Kayegbo Publications).
- Award of Excellent for Strategic Constituency Empowerment 2013 (Institute of Strategic Management, Nigeria, Ekiti State Chapter).
- Award of Record Maker of the Year 2014 (National Association of Ijero Local Government students NAILGS, OAU).